The Kingdom of Belgium is a country found in Western Europe. Belgium is one of the very first members of the European Union. This country is also composed of a variety of cultures. As for the language, 60% of Belgium’s population is made up of Dutch-speakers, while the other 40% are French-speakers. The linguistic and political factions in Belgium have caused many sensitive issues but the presence of various cultures and communities in the country has also turned Belgium to what it is today. One will find Belgium holidays for both the Flemish and French communities in Belgium. (more…)
The following are national holidays for 2013 in Belgium.
January 1 : New Year’s Day
In Belgium, the New Year’s Eve is known as Sint Sylvester Yooravond (St. Sylvester’s Eve) or Oudjaar. Family parties are the basic way to celebrate the coming of the New Year. Specially prepared shows do the countdown to the New Year, at which point people kiss each other and wish the other luck. Fireworks displays are usually done per city. The party atmosphere is such that all cafes and restaurants are crowded, with special taxis bringing the more inebriated revelers home afterward. (more…)
Belgium is a country that is quite interesting. A person who is interested to go there can travel with business or leisure intentions. Any of these methods can be used to have a good and informative time in Belgium. However, before a person plans on going for such a trip, it is important that they know the holidays which are observed in Belgium. Holidays are the norm in most independent countries across the globe. This means that any independent country will not lack having its own list of public holidays. Since it is an independent country, it will have its own holidays that it celebrates.